DB 202 Removable Neck
Traveling with a bass is always a challenge. It is getting more restrictive and expensive especially when traveling by air. To make traveling with the bass easier, Concord® has developed a double bass with a removable neck. As the maker of the Eminence® bass, Concord® has more experience in making portable basses. Because of the steel dovetail joint, the neck can be removed and assembled within just a few minutes.
• Available as violin shaped model, 3/4 size
• Laminated spruce top and laminated flamed maple back and sides
• Ebony fingerboard
• Adjustable bridge
• Fastened tailpiece
• Rubner® machine head - Tyrolean style
• There is an additional charge for instrument with deluxe German “Rubner” machine head.
• Concord® deluxe endpin
• Semi-gloss or Antique finish • Customized fully carved RN bass is available upon request.
Removing the neck could not be easier: First, you start with tuning down the strings some turns, so the bridge can be removed. Then, release the strings from the tailpiece (which can stay on the bass).
After loosening the neck screw, you slide the neck forward and store it (with the strings) in the neck bag. The well padded soft case for the Christopher® RN can be used for both the assembled and disassembled bass.